Making decisions can be hard. Sometimes even the simplest choices require some extra thought. For example, say you’re in line at Starbucks and you face the inevitable internal debate: “Do I get a brownie… or a cookie?” Tough stuff, right?! (OK, compared to the actual difficult decisions in life it’s probably not even comparable, but in that moment when you’re hungry, it matters.)
Luckily, with this week’s baking post, I’ve decided to save you from ever having to choose between brownies or cookies again. That’s because you can combine two desserts into one with BROWNIE-COOKIES. Problem solved! This recipe for M&M Brownie Cookies comes from an adorable and awesome baking blog.
More good news: This recipe is super easy! Grab your favorite boxed brownie mix and let’s get started.
- Box brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&Ms
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Pour your brownie mix, flour, and eggs into a mixing bowl.
It’ll look like this:
3. Add in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.
The original recipe said mini M&Ms. Unfortunately my grocery store didn’t have any, so I used the big ones. And no worries, it was equally delicious!
4. Use your hand mixer to combine everything. Keep going until a soft dough forms.
BTW, you should really use an electric mixer if you have one! I attempted to use a wooden spoon, but the dough was just too thick.
5. Roll small balls of dough and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
I added extra M&Ms to the top of the cookies to make them look more colorful! But also because you can never have too many M&Ms.
6. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
7. Let your cookies cool for a few minutes and enjoy!