If I had to pick, pizza and dessert would hands-down be my two favorite food groups. (They count as their own food groups, right?) This week I’m sharing an easy-to-make recipe that combines these two wonderful things: brownie pizza.
Of course, nothing beats actual pizza — cheese, tomatoes, crust… YUM. But this dessert is a close second. Plus, with a cookie dough crust, it’s like a dessert dream come true.
If you’re feeling more ambitious, you can make your cookie dough and brownie batter from scratch. But sometimes, we just don’t have time for that. Either way, it’s just as delicious!
- Box of brownie mix
- Eggs (See your brownie box for how many!)
- Oil (This also depends on what your box mix says)
- Frozen chocolate-chip cookie dough (Thawed)
- Chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
1. Follow the instructions for your brownie mix. That means adding oil, eggs, water, and mixing it all together.
2. Take your thawed cookie dough and line the edge of a pan. This will be your crust! Ideally, you’d want to use a round pan. I only had a rectangle, so I worked with what I had.
3. Pour your brownie mix inside the crust. Use a spatula to smooth it along the top and spread it out evenly.
4. Bake in the oven for half the time on your brownie box.
5. Take the tray from the oven and sprinkle with your desired toppings. I used M&Ms, chocolate chips, and marshmallows. But you can use whatever your heart desires!
6. Put the dessert pizza back in the oven. You’ll have to use your best judgment for when it’s done. You’ll know once you stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean.
7. Let your pizza cool.
8. Cut into slices and enjoy!