Confession: I’ve been on a bit of a s’more kick lately. Recently I went on vacation with two of my best friends, where we roasted s’mores near the beach. Then Starbucks debuted its S’mores Frappuccino (which is AMAZING, btw!). So when it came time to look for a new recipe to try, I searched Pinterest for something that would incorporate my love of chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers. The flavor combo makes me both nostalgic and excited for summer.
Luckily, I found a recipe for s’more Oreo brownies… or S’mOREO brownies, as I prefer to call them. (It just sounds more fun!)
The recipe comes from a blog called Yellow Brick Road, but I slightly changed it a little bit by deciding to sprinkle crushed graham crackers on top.
- Boxed brownie mix (…or if you want to make them from scratch, go for it!)
- Eggs, oil, and water (The amount varies, depending on your brownie choice.)
- 6-8 graham crackers (This depends on the size of your pan.)
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 24-28 Oreos (Again, the amount is based on the pan size.)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare the brownie mix. Usually it’s as simple as cracking an egg or two, adding some oil, and adding in water. Then you just stir until all of the lumps are gone!
When it’s ready, set the batter aside.
3. Line the bottom of your pan with foil.
Don’t forget to lightly grease the top of the foil! I used cooking spray to coat it evenly.
4. Add graham crackers to the pan, making sure to cover the entire surface area. You can even break the crackers in small chunks to fill in any excess space.
5. Pour half of the brownie batter on top of the crackers.
Be careful with this part! I quickly realized how when I went to spread the batter, the crackers came up too. Gently use a knife or offset spatula to spread it all along the bottom.
6. Layer the Oreos on top of the batter. Just like the graham crackers, this should cover the entire bottom of the pan.
7. Mix 1 cup of mini marshmallows into your remaining brownie batter. Gently use a spatula to mix it together.
8. Pour the brownie/marshmallow mix on top of the pan.
This will cover the Oreos completely.
9. Put the tray in the oven for approximately 22 minutes. Keep an eye on the brownies! You’ll know they’re ready when a toothpick comes out clean.
10. Crush up your leftover graham crackers. You’ll use this as a topping later on! I crumbled the crackers into a bowl, and then gently used the bottom of a glass to crush them up into a finer dust.
11. After you take the brownies out of the oven, sprinkle with your remaining marshmallows and graham crumbs.
12. Turn your oven to its broiler setting, and place the tray in the oven. Only keep in there for two minutes until the marshmallows brown. The original recipe suggested keeping the oven door cracked open to avoid burning.
13. After you take the brownies out, let them cool completely.
Then all you need to do is cut them into squares and enjoy!