With the weather getting unbearably warm, grabbing a popsicle from the freezer is a quick fix to beat the heat. But what if I told you there’s a more delicious alternative to your regular Fudgsicles? Don’t get me wrong, those are great too! But sometimes it’s more fun to make a tasty treat from scratch and totally worth that extra effort.
This week, I’m sharing a chocolate-covered banana recipe that is SO SIMPLE a monkey could do it. (Speaking of, have you tried this monkey bread recipe from last time?) Grab some bananas, chocolate chips, and let’s get started!
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Sticks (I used colorful, sturdy straws!)
- Peanut Butter
1. Peel your bananas and cut them in half. Try to use ones that are yellow—not too ripe. You want them to be solid, instead of mushy.
2. Put sticks in the banana chunks. Make sure it’s in far enough to support the weight of the banana.
3. Pour your chocolate chips in a bowl and stick in the microwave. I began by zapping them in increments of 30 seconds, at 50 percent power. Stir in-between to avoid burning the chocolate.
4. Dip the banana in the chocolate and place on a piece of wax paper. Warning: This part gets pretty messy! You may want to use a knife to evenly coat the chocolate.
5. Before the chocolate dries, sprinkle your toppings on the banana. I crushed up pretzels and M&Ms. I also used sprinkles on others.
6. Melt white chocolate chips or peanut butter. Drizzle these on top.
7. Stick the decorated bananas in the freezer. You should leave them in there for at least 2 hours so they can harden.
8. Enjoy! (And resist the urge to eat them all at once.)